Monday, April 13, 2015

Listening for God

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,


" Today is the day the Lord gave us , I was glad in it, and graceful for it. "

My prayer is that today you experienced the goodness an happiness of life in Christ Jesus!

   * ( NOTE ) ,.... Having re-read my last post, I had to come to the conclusion that with my ability to coherently and concisely convey a message, it works out alot better if you don't omit words.
This error has been corrected, and I hope you may have time to re-read it. ( as it relates so strongly to today's post ). I believe you may find it worth the time. God Bless!

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

In speaking with so many devoted Christians, Mentor Pastors, and Teachers, it seems to be a common agreement that as individual our own paths might be to us, so are the varied ways we as growing followers hear from or listen for God our Father.

As for me, I have for some time now started my mornings rather early. It's what I affectionately refer to as my 'GOD TIME' !
When the sun rises, the birds start chirping, when they chirp ,....they in turn wake up my cats,.... whom affectionately wake ME up,.................' Feed Me Now! '
But that's OK as this is the quiet time I use to feed my soul. I begin each day be either opening The Bible , or, with these days of social media outlets, I can find Bible based messages through following a few of my favorite 'scriptural sound' Ministries who post to You Tube ( as we plan to do in short order ).
This early AM quiet " God Time " as I call it is when alone with Him I can 'listen ', with discerning ears. What I find more times than coincidence could ever be, is that what He has to tell me directly,.... ' I Mean DIRECTLY ' correlates to a specific and current issue I am facing as I journey with Christ. 
When we give the Word of God space to live in our hearts, the Spirit of God will use it to take root, penetrating the recesses of our minds and hearts. Etching a message on our hearts that will allow us to keep God at the center daily happenings.
So, getting back to my daily God Time so often giving me or BLESSING me with Godly insight to a current concern, an almost exact example would be the below video from In Touch Ministries.
Just this morning I came across this video ! And it was telling that the Lord brought this before me just at the RIGHT time!  I listened to this God Given message, and what do ya know, .......... it seemed like a virtual re-interpretation of yesterday's posting. Very distinctly telling me that I need to KEEP LISTENING, and that I'm on the right track or the right path. How glorious it is to receive what you consider as approval from the Lord God !  What a feeling ! similar to the approval a Son seeks from his earthly Father, a feeling that drives me to listen to Him and look for Him in all things.

I Implore you to please re-read the last post, and then to watch the attached video.,

Related Scripture : " God will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go. "
                                                                         .....Psalm 32:8

                                " Call to Me, I will answer you and show you great and mighty things,
                                   which you do not know. "
                                                                         ....Jeremiah 33:3

Choose to be alert in the heart of God as you spend time in The Word of God.  ........Listen !!!

 * If you feel compelled, please feel free to leave a comment. Anonymously so is fine, but so many people benefit from the personal testimonies of how God is working in our lives. As we share our stories we can edify eachother in the Fathers desire to have us Fellowship with eachother, build eachother up in the name and way of our loving Messiah.

I am excited to hear your thoughts on the synergy between the last post, and the words and video in this post.

* Please check back tomorrow for details on our upcoming plans for an 'old time - tent revival', which will be conducted by our local church 'elder fellowship', " Melded Elders ", which will be made up of Elders from local Churches. The mission of this particular Fellowship initiative is in the realization of the fact that " Churches should complete one another, rather than compete with one another " in our effort to more completely magnify the amazing grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and more effectively carry out The Great Commission, to together spread The Good News of  life in Christ Jesus.

Good Night All, and may The Father Bless You with the stirring of The Holy Spirit within.
bill                               





No comments:

Post a Comment